Friday, September 7, 2012

Fashion's Night Out


What a night! First, let me start by thanking my good friend Dennis for inviting me out to Soho tonight and introducing me to a group of really entertaining people; if it wasn’t for him, I would have probably stayed inside the house all evening watching Law & Order reruns on television [not that there is anything wrong with that]. Second, I would like to state that this is my first time attending Fashion’s Night Out here in New York City, so I did not know what to expect at all. I shop in Soho occasionally and am used to the congestion, but tonight it was a zoo! It took me about 20 minutes to walk from E. Houston Street to Grand Street (a measly 4-5 blocks) to meet Dennis and the group; a walk that normally takes me 5 minutes.
The stores of Soho were flooded with celebrities, models, designers, editors and customers from all over, all to take part in this iconic night for fashion. As we proceeded through the streets, we came across lines that traveled what seemed to be miles, just for customers to gain entrance into certain stores. These lines were attributed to star appearances, store performances, limited-edition product offerings, and one time sales. There were a lot of activities going on in the stores, however, there was just as much entertainment in the streets. Artists and performers took to the streets and capitalized on the opportunity to display their art and talent for the [large] passing crowds.
Once we finished getting our fix of the night’s festivities, we began our search for a restaurant to feed our appetites. We came across a nice, little spot called “Jane” on W. Houston St. where we all devoured their special “Jane Burger”; a loaded burger that comes with cheddar, sauteed onions, pickled tomatoes, their special sauce and a side of well seasoned fries. I cannot speak on behalf of the other items on the menu being that this was my first time dining there, however if you are looking for a delicious burger and are in the Soho area, I would recommend you visit Jane.
Overall, I really enjoyed my first Fashion’s Night Out experience. I was able to again experience the diversity and culture that New York City has to offer and was also able to socialize and converse with interesting, new people. It doesn’t get any better than that! I look forward to doing this again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment