Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Rave You

It's been quite a while since I posted something on here, but it has been a very busy year for me so far. This year, I've had the opportunity to attend plenty of raves varying from warehouses to popular NYC venues and nightclubs. As many people close to me reading this will know, I have been a fan of EDM for years now however did not attend my first event until New Years this year at Pacha. One of my favorite DJ/producers, Sander Van Doorn was spinning and I had one of the greatest nights of my life that evening. From that day, I wanted to experience the scene in as many venues as possible.

My desire led me to historical NYC nightclub, Webster Hall where I had a blast raging to Dillon Francis and his Moombahton bangers. At first, I was uneasy going alone but once there I met so may friendly people and welcoming groups that it was alright. I instantly fell in love with Webster and ended up attending many more events there this year, experiencing acts such as Baauer, Flosstradamus [my favorite thus far], and DJ Carnage [who I am more than stoked to see on May 11th].

On May 17th and 18th, I will attend EDCNY which will be my first major festival. I am more than excited for this and am looking forward to meeting many new people and enjoying great music. I would suggest that everyone who has not experienced the scene, try it at least once [before judging it]. Lately there has been a lot negativity surrounding it, but with all of that aside it is a culture that welcomes all and does not discriminate. I've met tons of awesome, new people this year and look forward to what's in store for future events.




No comments:

Post a Comment